[OM] Re: Hoya Pro1 DMC question

Subject: [OM] Re: Hoya Pro1 DMC question
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:25:11 -0700 (PDT)
OH NO!! No debates please. Here is what I think about
no filter/filter:

If the front element is exposed which means it couild
be easily damaged, such as on the Sigma 10-20 or any
wide angle lens, a filter is needed

Also if the lens is expensive ($800 +),  I would
imagine that anyone would want to protect the front
element.

If the front element is recessed, such as on a Macro
lens or my Nikkor 50mm F1.8, going without a filter is
probably ok.

The Hoya Pro1 is touted to be perfect for wide angle
lenses due to its low profile frame. I guess I will
find out.

http://mail.yahoo.com