[OM] E-330 viewfinder

Subject: [OM] E-330 viewfinder
From: wkato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:23:27 -0400
With E-330 yesterday at the zoo I was struggling a lot with both a Tamron
350/5.6 and Tamron 400/4. The depth of field is literally about 1 inch or less.
The viewfinder doesn't cut it. Live view A or B isn't detailed enough. The
magnified view in "B" was useless because, trying to focus on getting the eyes
sharp, the critter moved too much unless they were asleep.  Also the sun
hitting the LCD washed out the image. I needed three hands, 1 on the shutter, 2
on focusing and 3 to hold my hat to shield the screen. I ended up just using
the viewfinder. My focusing rate was about 30% on and the rest misses or near
misses. The following is with the 350 and the viewfinder.

http://www.120scan.us/i/W4195205b.jpg

Has anyone adapted one of those cheapie slide viewers to shield the LCD and
magnify it a little? If not, I will try to find one and give it a try.

Warren
AOL at AOL.com.