[OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom made prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom made prints ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:21:17 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> ........ Or the bicycle company I worked for who offered a lifetime guarantee
> - whose lifetime? Er, the life of the frame.

I met and had dinner with a friend of a friend in Costa Rica. A really
serious globe trekker, he had recently finished kyaking the west coast
of CR, just for fun. He showed us his trekking bike, which came with a
lifetime guarantee. He laughed at how foolish they were to offer such a
thing, since they had to replace all but the frame itself, including all
bearings, after his cycling trip across the Tibetan Plateau - and back.

Now I used to know a fellow who wrote the first (and still only?) book
on trekking in Tibet - edited the final draft in my basement room. I've
seen his slides of the trip from Lhasa to Mt. Kailas and heard him talk
about how long and tough a trip it is in Landcruisers, how hard it is on
them and about the wind across those empty plains. This bicycle guy was
seriously crazy, most people have trouble just breathing up there, but a
nice fellow - and in terrific shape. :-)

Moose