[OM] Zuiko Trip

Subject: [OM] Zuiko Trip
From: USHER99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:50:44 EDT
Hi all,

The time has come to make the final cuts on what to bring to Aragon,  Spain.
Digital will stay home this time for multiple reasons.
Will be on horseback about 8h a day or so for one week and then one  week to
do other things.
The luggage will be moved by the outfitters daily, which makes me wish to  be
careful on the choices.
I have had no trouble in the past with my Lowepro minitrekker, though it is
a risk.
Here is one place we are staying:
Check out the list of butterflies and pics of local flora and fauna.   The
Tam 400 unfortunately can't go.

_http://www.casaguilla.com/index.html_ (http://www.casaguilla.com/index.html)

So far Marnie can lug the OM2N, that John just resurrected with a  near
heroic super CLA, in her new Tamrac pursy/camera bag (express pack 8)  with a
Tam
35-105, and maybe two small lenses.

Will go:  Z. 24mm/2.8, Sig 35-70 2.8-4.5,  Z. 50-250,  Z  50/1.4, 35 shift as
well as the Tam mentioned above with my usual OM-2.
The XA will be with me in a ziplock/silica gel on the horse.

Undecided:  Macro kit---want to bring the auto tube and 135/4.5 and  80mm and
Viv S1 90.  Volume is more of a concern than weight as long as I  can take it
carry-on.
  Dean very much likes the Tam 60-300 on the auto tube as a  butterfly kit.
Have always brought the Z 50mm 3.5 macro as well and it always gets used a
few times, though I had fewer choices.

Last year was able to lug the Tam 80-200 as well and was glad I had both  the
Z. 50-250 despite the overlap.  Doubt will have that luxury this time  as
also have to lug all the riding gear.

Hard to leave the 85 F2 behind as well.  Have used with ext in a pinch  and
it performed quite well.
Marnie likes the Z. 75-150  as she can't really hand hold the big  Tam 80-200
and she has less trouble focusing well with the 2 touch zoom---given  recent
retinal trouble with her dominant eye.  She likes architecture shots  and the
35 shift is a must.
Oops, I think the over did it alarm has rung.

Not sure will be able to lug the T28 flash either, though need a nice
butterfly kit just in case some of those critters are flying.
If it were not a ride this year, would bring the Z. 21 f2 as well.   We'll
see what fits.  Probably will pack and unpack a couple times.

Any comments welcome.  Perhaps will get a couple shots I like and  will post
them.  Would be ecstatic if any approach the level of "Moose  drool," though
that is an unlikely event.

Mike