[OM] Re: ? about specs for new computer

Subject: [OM] Re: ? about specs for new computer
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:33:52 -0400
I followed Tom's advice and went to the Dell outlet
<http://www.dell.com/content/segmenter.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dfo> and got a
"scratch and dent" XPS 410 running Win XP with Intel Core 2 Duo E6700,
2GB RAM, 250GB SATA II and NVIDIA 7900 256MB card with dual DVI for a
little over $1,000 after NY state tax.  It will be here sometime during
the coming week.

I watched several other similar systems come and go over a couple of
days as I tried to understand the feature set and make up my mind.  The
inventory comes and goes there in a real-time whirlwind.  Figure out
what you'd like and then wait for something similar to show.

Chuck Norcutt