[OM] Re: [OT] Computer question: Windows app transfer to new computer

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computer question: Windows app transfer to new computer
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 22:43:21 -0600
Tom Scales wrote:
> It's the perfect opportunity to clean up the machine.  I only installed a
> program when I used it.  I found I left roughly 99.999494% of the programs
> that I had previously installed off my machine.

  Seconded -- I had to replace a dead motherboard, wound up with a whole
new PC by the time I was done, and took the opportunity to start fresh
with software too.

  Things have accumulated over time, sure, but it's still a lot cleaner
than the previous one ever was, and it's very nice to know there's not
lots of junk cluttering things up.

  -- dan