[OM] Re: [OT] Computer question: Windows app transfer to new

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computer question: Windows app transfer to new
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:45:01 -0400
This machine will replace my wife's machine and the new one will be
networked to it.  Therefore, the old drive will always be available for
access.  It also has the SCSI card for the film scanner.  XP doesn't
like SCSI very much so I think I'll just leave the scanner attached on
the Win 2K machine.

The various apps people have suggested be used for transfer can move
apps upstream from Win 2K to XP via wire and do take care of merging the
registry data.  But there are exceptions like device drivers and a lot
of things you might like not to move.

I think I'll follow Tom's advice again and just reinstall as needed.

Chuck Norcutt