[OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:10:08 -0500
> A favorite artist of mine on the local scene.  Flimsy definitions at best.
A good example of  a living language. The term is evolving (we can do that
in Kansas, now) to a more generic use.

I'm told that the Iris prints aren't really that good in comparison to the
latest Epson ones, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a real one.

I did overhear an artist in Santa Fe telling a customer about his ink on
canvas reproductions in those terms. It was almost a laughable as the art
dealer in the same city selling a "special giclee" that was different from
other, more pedestrian ones, as the artist "enhanced" each one with
additional brush strokes, etc. Just why the additional paint wasn't
desirable in the original? Can't say.

Bill Pearce