[OM] Re: Zuiko Trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko Trip
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:33:53 -0500
> Will be on horseback about 8h a day or so for one week and then one
>week to do other things.
Like soak butt in hot tub?

> Will go:  Z. 24mm/2.8, Sig 35-70 2.8-4.5,  Z. 50-250,  Z  50/1.4, 35 shift
> as
> well as the Tam mentioned above with my usual OM-2.
> The XA will be with me in a ziplock/silica gel on the horse.
>
> Undecided:  Macro kit---want to bring the auto tube and 135/4.5 and  80mm
> and
> Viv S1 90.  Volume is more of a concern than weight as long as I  can take
> it
> Etc. Etc. Etc...

> Oops, I think the over did it alarm has rung.

Oh, yeah. Is this a vacation or a shoot for a client? The XA is a great
idea. I always load mine with Tri-X or XP-2, and it's always im my pocket.

For starters, loose the shift. You need a tripod and time for it to be of
value, and this is a vacation, after all. Same with the 50, just add some
higher ASA film. I'm not familiar with the Sigma or the 50-250 (would like
to fondle one, though), but they may be big. Of course, if you already have
them, that's a consideration. I don't know if the 24 will be all that useful
where you will be, but it's so light, it probably doesn't matter. As to the
macro stuff, if there will be opportunity to use it, it might be OK, but it
looks like a lot of stuff. Since the Vivitar 90 is rather big and heavy,
perhaps selling it off and getting a Zuiko...oh, never mind. Really, just
taking a 50/3.5 may fulfill most of those requirements.  I would even
consider and extension tube or diopters for one of the other lenses.

Travel light, have fun.

Bill Pearce