[OM] Re: Zuiko Trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko Trip
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:44:42 -0400
Following this thread with some interest. My wife and I are off to Egypt
for couple of weeks at the end of May. So, I have been having some
similar discussions in my head. The first time I went to Egypt - back in
1978 - I took a brand new OM1, the 50/1.8 and (what seemed to be) lots
of Kodak 64 slide film. No hot shoe, no flash (didn't know about those
things back then). That was travelling light, I now realize, and life
was simple. Now, with a choice of lenses and other accessories........
Ah, well.

Having been there, I have some idea of what will work. Given that scenes
are likely to be brightly lit and high contrast, I'm looking at slower
film (some type of Porta 160 perhaps), so fast lenses will still be
desirable. My other concern is how to carry the stuff I do take so that
it's easily accessible on the fly, not too obvious, and doesn't spoil
the sightseeing as well.

Martin