[OM] Re: [OT]Canon Keeps Moving

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Canon Keeps Moving
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:17:40 -0700
I see different skin tones in the images. Unattractive tones in the
mixed lighting of a stadium, but looking remarkably similar to the
way people look in that setting. Attractive and natural skin tones in
natural light. Remarkably preserved skin tones at very high ISO. I
don't think you can lump them all together.

I may be a heathen when it comes to this though. I am frequently
repelled by "beautiful skin tones" that look as artificial as a
Playboy centerfold albeit with more clothing. It seems to me that
skin should look like skin. So I am not even sure what the phrase means.

The one thing that no one has mentioned that really impressed me was
the individual pixel sharpness. I had thought that the D2X was the
champ with that, but it is surpassed by this camera. At 100 percent
there is little in the way of a clue to indicate that you are looking
at that resolution. It looks as good as most cameras at 50%. Good job
by Canon indeed.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA