[OM] Re: [OT]Can*n Keeps Moving

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Can*n Keeps Moving
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:22:40 -0400
At 04:56 PM 4/25/2007, Bill Pearce wrote:

>Are the Canon WA lenses improved any, or are they just a victim of internet
>bashing?

Well, it's certainly the politically correct thing to say - that the
Canon wide angles are crap. If you say otherwise on some Internet
forums you might be accused of being someone totally without taste or
sensibilities - maybe even a Republican of all things!  ;-)

I haven't tried any of the Canon wide angle primes but I have tried
Olympus and Carl Zeiss primes on a Canon full frame and I quickly
went back to Canon zooms.  The third party lenses were a little
better in the very corners but not nearly enough for me to put up
with the hassle of using them.  I'd expect the better Canon wide
angles to be as good or better than the zooms that I'm using.

So, in my opinion, most of the bashing comes from a very vocal
minority of pixel peepers and their groupies and the lenses aren't
nearly as bad as they're made out to be.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA