[OM] Used in anger

Subject: [OM] Used in anger
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:28:45 -0700 (PDT)
Lest some of you think that all of our equipment is for hobby
purposes only...

Since Saturday, I have shot over 4000 frames.  Approximately 2000 at
an auto race, 700 at a wedding and 1400 at a 3-day event shoot. Of
that total, probably 1200 were flash pictures.

Battery issues:  I drained the battery in the E-1's battery-grip
twice, went through four BLM-1 chargess, and five charges on the
Minolta A1 batteries.  Oh and 11 4-AA sets of rechargeables.

My primary flash configuration of the event shoot was two mono-lights
and a 285HV in the balcony and one on a stroboframe for portable
shooting in other rooms.  At ISO 400, I had an even F4.5 lighting
across a 75' stage.  Not too shabby.  All the remote lights were
connected with the 16-channel E-boy triggers which operated
flawlessly.  Two cameras were equipped with the transmitters and I
was able to seemlessly change from one camera to another and shoot
from ANY location in the room.  Room was a 1500 seat, fan-shaped
auditorium.  I did not need to use my modified transmitter as the
standard ones worked just fine.

One major observation regarding the e-boy remotes.  When plugging
them into the back of the monolights, let them hang free.  The
sync-cord on the receivers appear to be a vital part of the antenna
"system" of the receivers.  By letting them hang free, and keeping
the power cords from tangling with them, I was able to get flawless
performance from as far as 200' away.  It probably helped that they
were mounted very high.

Has anybody else ever gotten cramps in their shooting finger?

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com