[OM] Re: DOF question

Subject: [OM] Re: DOF question
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:58:28 -0700 (PDT)
> Use the following photo as an example:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/4love/469268575/

I have no comment about the DoF, but the ship is the Marine Star, aka
SS Aquarama.  It was mothballed in Muskegon for 16 years.  I grew up
seeing it rust away and the local community clammoring for days gone
by for a cross-lake ferry.

Unfortunately, the Aquarama, a WWII troop carrier, had a single screw
and a very poor hull design for ferry-boat usage.  It had a rich
history of running into things and putting up a horrid wake.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com