[OM] Re: #094 & #095

Subject: [OM] Re: #094 & #095
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 12:05:45 -0400
Pretty stunning! I'm a sucker for this type of shot, and I think you
nailed it beautifully. If I had to come up with something critical, I
might suggest that the horizon line is a little off. I know it's the
21mm lens, but I wonder if some fiddling to bring more symmetry might
improve the shot.

But having said that, I'm a card-carrying member of the wabi-sabi
school of photography, and even if my spelling is a little off, my
meaning isn't: the art of imperfection. Perfect shots that cleave to
all the rules of framing, exposure, color rendition, etc., have a
tendency to leave me cold, never mind how lovely they are. I like a
little something off, a little something that's not quite according
to Hoyle, if you catch my drift. I think it gives the shot some life,
some depth that might otherwise be missing.

It may even be the difference between art and illustration, but I
won't push it that far. <g>

At any rate, Well Damn Done!

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com