[OM] Re: [photo] pano

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] pano
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:42:45 -0300
Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:

Hi Wiliam,

Thanks for the explanation and for both examples.

Seems to have understood the reason for advising manual exposure: a
practical one.
Nevertheless, I perceive your first example more natural than the ones
with manual exposure, which look 'flat' to me.
The first example has shadows where there should be and bright
reflections where there should be, and the sunlit sky is brighter below
the sun.

It certainly must be a hard work to even out exposures before stitching,
but at the size I can see it in my monitor seems you've spent some time
evening them: it looks quite, quite good.
No point of comparison with my first attempt today at noon, using the
720SW in pano mode and stitching with Olympus master 1.4.2: OUCHH :-(
I'm assuming the 720SW switchs to manual since all exif tell 1/500,
f6.3, white balance Auto, metering mode ESP. Surprisingly, I was limited
to ten shots for stitch !!.

And as for my first attempt results, with this software, a tripod with a
panorama head (or good practice) is needed. A tripod with pano head on a
small boat !?

Next steps are to explore Autostitch and CS2.

Regards,

Fernando.