[OM] Re: FS: 18/3.5, 24/2.8, 35/2/ now Climbing Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: 18/3.5, 24/2.8, 35/2/ now Climbing Cameras
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
Yes Walt, the Leica stuff does seem more solid especially the lenses with lots
of brass etc
Interesting the wt  diference is not so great in absolute terms, although ~18%
greater in relative
terms.   What does the complete camera with say summicrom f2/50 weigh, versus
an OM1 with f1.8/50
?

I guess a pentaprism contributes a fair bit to weight of the oly too.

The Leica/Minolta CL is smaller and probably a fair bit lighter? I had a friend
with a CL who used
to use it for caving and I have never seen such a scuffed up abused camera
before, it exuded dust
from every seam and had a soldered on adapter on the damaged hot shoe. Enough
to cause heart
failure in a Leica true believer!

Tim Hughes