[OM] Re: [OT] External hard drive question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] External hard drive question
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:14:19 +0100
My own Seagate USB external drives (while not this model) both have AC power
supplies with the input socket on the drive enclosure marked "12V DC 2.0A"
which seems to me to be a bit in excess of 5W, even at 12V.  Of course, the
power supply is likely to be rated in excess of the drive's requirement, but
even so (as others have already commented) the ad is likely to be in error
in suggesting the drive is bus-powered.

And as mentioned in the past, my drives are connected as NAS, using the
impressive - and highly recommended - NSLU2.

--
Piers