[OM] Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 and 2X-A?

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 300mm f/4.5 and 2X-A?
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:18:53 -0500
Can't seem to find a way to search the archives at the moment, so I
hope this (probably answered many times before) question wont bother
too many folk...

I would like to use my 2X-A extender on my 300/4.5 Zuiko, to catch a
nesting robin in my back yard... I know the 2X-A isn't speced to work
with this lens, but just how bad is the combination? I also have a
Vivitar 2X-21 - would it be a better choice with the 300/4.5? My bag
of tricks also includes a Soligor 500/8 mirror lens which seems to be
reasonably sharp... would like to be able to shoot from my porch,
which is about 50' from the nest... any and all thoughts will be
appreciated! I have a 2-4 screen in my OM-2SP which seems to work
nicely for any of these slow aperture setups...

Curt Hedman