[OM] Re: [OT] External hard drive question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] External hard drive question
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 07:55:38 -0500
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Steam powered. 2lb of the weight is for the 'integral micro-tubine
> module.'
> Or possibly powered by a massive spring, like those African wind-up
> radios.

See?  Now THAT's cool. I have roughly 7 firewire drive enclosures here
(I also do recording and sound design), and having big springs would
save me a lot on my electric bill..... wonder if you can retro-fit the
spring drives to existing boxes?

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon