[OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 12:33:01 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> A few weeks ago I helped some friends pick out a new "pocket" camera.
>  Off to Beast-Buy we go......
>
> A few weeks earlier I had drooled over a particular camera as my "go
> anywhere" camera and had already done my due-diligence.  Yup, the
> C-770WS.

This is one we can agree on. Head and shoulders the best P&S for many
purposes and exactly what I would have recommended for the folks you
describe.

Thanks for the user report to flesh out the specs and reviews.
> <big snip>
>
> 9. Image-stabilization.  Um, I'm not quite sure what's going on here,
> but it DOES work.  This isn't just ISO-boost (it does that too in
> some of the presets), but it does stabilize the image.  I suspect
> it's doing an overscan.  I detected no discernable loss in image
> quality when IS was turned on.  The documentation was of no help in
> determining what technology is being used for IS.

Interesting. Nothing in the specs or press release to indicate anything
other than iso boost. I'd think they would toot their horn more over
some thing else.
> <big snip
I've gone around this camera several times. My lifestyle doesn't really
require it these days.

Moose