[OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 12:36:44 -0700
Oh. That is why I had such a time finding it.

Review here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/stylus770.html
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/OS770SW/OS770SWA.HTM

I am not enthusiastic about any camera without a viewfinder. Tried
it. Will not get another one. Even the ones that are supposed to have
good LCDs are useless under certain conditions that I seem to
encounter frequently. If you can't see the menu to make a setting or
cannot see any details in the LCD to see how you are framing the
picture I don't want it. The blind photographer joke in "Pecker" was
funny because you need to be able to see what you are photographing.
A wire pop up aiming device from the dark ages of photography would
be an improvement over an LCD and would undoubtedly be cheaper.

And I guess I am unclear on the concept of this camera. Design a
camera that is waterproof so that you can use it underwater, or in
stormy conditions when there is little light. Then install a small
sensor in it that cannot help but be noisy when you adjust the ISO
for those conditions. Shock proof is good.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA