[OM] OM-4 battery problem

Subject: [OM] OM-4 battery problem
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 22:23:04 +0200
Hi there,

I've been using my 20-year old OM-4 with no serious problems till I had to
change the batteries; I opened the slot, removed old batteries, replaced
them with new ones (2x1,5V LR44) and closed the slot. But the camera won't
work - "battery check" opition yields no beep and there's no light meter
indicator in the viewfinder. Batteries themselves can be positioned in a
way which causes the camera to beep instantly; it happens even with no
battery slot cover closed. I am a bit worried - the camera - let alone a
little light leak (again!) - seemed to work perfectly and all I did was
removing half-empty batteries and replacing them with new ones. Is the
camera broken or I am sr*wing something up?

--
Łukasz Grabuń
http://grabun.com/