[OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: Now for another camera recommendation
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 16:03:35 -0400

Oh. That is why I had such a time finding it.

Review here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/stylus770.html
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/OS770SW/OS770SWA.HTM

I am not enthusiastic about any camera without a viewfinder. Tried
it. Will not get another one. Even the ones that are supposed to have
good LCDs are useless under certain conditions that I seem to
encounter frequently. If you can't see the menu to make a setting or
cannot see any details in the LCD to see how you are framing the
picture I don't want it. The blind photographer joke in "Pecker" was
funny because you need to be able to see what you are photographing.
A wire pop up aiming device from the dark ages of photography would
be an improvement over an LCD and would undoubtedly be cheaper.

And I guess I am unclear on the concept of this camera. Design a
camera that is waterproof so that you can use it underwater, or in
stormy conditions when there is little light. Then install a small
sensor in it that cannot help but be noisy when you adjust the ISO
for those conditions. Shock proof is good.

Winsor

I missed the beginning of the thread, but I just bought a Canon SD1000 and
like it a lot.  Very small (tiny). Great ergonomics -- flat buttons, so they
don't snag in a pocket.  7.1 mp.

The seller, for me, was an optical viewfinder.

Haven't even printed anything yet, but like the way it works.

Tom