[OM] Re: WTB : TTL Auto Shoe Cord T 0.6

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB : TTL Auto Shoe Cord T 0.6
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 20:28:48 -0700
Michael Wong wrote:
> Moose,
> Thanks for your opinion. I have Power Bounce Grip 2 & T32 But I think Power
> Bounce Grip 2 is too heavy.
I agree it is heavy. The advantage for a heavy user is that the
batteries in the Bounce Grip add a great deal of life and faster
recycling times to the T32.
> I have a 3rd party flash bracket, simply I need a PC cord to connect PC
> socket of OM-1n to T32
That's what Chuck pointed to. The HAMA adapter he suggested has a shoe
for the T32 to fit into and itself fits into the shoe on the 3rd. party
flash bracket. You then connect the PC cable coming out of its side of
the adapter to the PC socket on the OM-1. Just remember to be sure the
little switch surrounding the PC socket on the camera is set to 'X'.
That little, inexpensive piece is all you need. Of course, the same
thing is available under many brand names.
> but it seems no Oly stuffs achieve it.

No simple Oly solution, but the third party solution is easy and
inexpensive. You can make a sticker that says OLYMPUS to stick on it. :-)

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> ...If you're attaching to a T-flash use a PC to hot shoe adapter underneath
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=89982&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
>
> <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=89982&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
> I'm not recommending this one but almost anything will work.

Moose