[OM] Re: (OT) The demise of the professional photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) The demise of the professional photographer
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 20:40:13 -0700 (PDT)
> Oh, balderdash.  A million amateurs with point & shoots on Flickr
> and elswhere are going to replace the pro photographers of the
> world when the Schnozz worries that he can't sell an E-1 image
> because the resolution isn't high enough?

The professional that "provides a service" will not be replaced by
the P&S anymore than he/she ever has.  As to my resolution limits,
well that has to do with specific sales through stock agencies and
commercial uses.  But that's really no different than days past where
you needed 6x7 or larger to serve the client's needs.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com