[OM] Olympus cameras into advertising

Subject: [OM] Olympus cameras into advertising
From: "Fabio Fiorellato" <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 14:43:20 +0200
Hi list,

apart from obvious photographic-related advertising, I find always amazing
when some of our beloved cameras show up into commercial images for things
not photographic at all.

I remember months ago seeing a fashion editorial on some issue of Vanity
Fair (Italian edition), picturing two models acting as photographer / model
caught in the middle of a photo session, the former shooting with an Olympus
OM-4 and the 85mm f/2 with its dedicated lens shade. Then it turned out that
the photographer that took those picture was David Bailey (!) the famous
fashion photographer and long-time Olympus shooter (eventually he said that
the camera and lens where taken from its collection).

Currently, as the release date for the new Tori Amos album was approaching,
I saw some related pictures and one of them caught my eye:

[ http://undented.com/images/73.jpg ]

Am I wrong or that's an OM-1 with the Olympus lettering removed? :)

Funny enough, Mrs. Amos is holding its right index finger on top of the
winding lever rather than on the release button, but she's used to play rock
and roll rather than taking pictures, after all... :)

Nothing can I tell about the mounted lens...

Similarly, being a PJ Harvey fan, I had a chuckle when - after buying one of
her first album ("4 track demos") - I noticed something familiar on its
cover:

[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:4-Track_Demos.jpg ]

It's an OM-2 with a 50mm lens (if I recall correctly: on the real album
cover it's easier to tell than in the aforementioned picture).

Indeed, it seems that Mrs. Harvey is a photo-enthusiast too, as you can
judge by the animated strip on top of her homepage at
http://www.pjharvey.net/ where she appears while shooting with VERY familiar
cameras...

Thought this was worth sharing!

Ciao!