[OM] Re: [OM[ OT Something Wimpy Liberals shouldn't read

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM[ OT Something Wimpy Liberals shouldn't read
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 12:35:21 +0800
Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And if you care about this list, this continuing OT controversy is
> just damaging.

I agree, but cannot resist replying to the absurdity below.

> I will take my own counsel about why the NRA wants to preserve the
> rights of people on the Terror Watch List to buy weapons.
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070504/terror-suspects-guns

There are obvious and fairly solid grounds for rejecting that law without
even considering the Second Amendment, whatever position you take
on "gun control".

"Innocent until proven guilty" is one of the oldest principles of British
common law, and a basic principle of US law which is derived from it.
There are also assorted rights enshrined in the US constitution.

The fact that someone is on a secret watch list should have no bearing
at all on any of their legal or civil rights.

--
Sandy Harris
Quanzhou, Fujian, China