[OM] Re: AG, you are not the only one...

Subject: [OM] Re: AG, you are not the only one...
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:47:21 -0700
Good point. I have often thought that instead of adding more and more
pixels, that they could use the photosites and split them up between say
shadows and highlights to increase the dynamic range. I thought it would
be a great idea (and a few manufacturers have started to do something
like this) and would make for great cameras, but I am guessing it would
never sell. why buy a mere 10mp camera with fantastic dynamic range when
you can have 30 bazillion mega pixels of blocked up shadows an blown
highlights!

I suspect that one reason is that folks might actually realize how
narrow the dynamic range of a typical digital camera really is!

What the hell, I'm going to be shooting film this weekend in any case.
Doing some rock climbing tomorrow, so will probably take the XA with
some Elite Chrome. Monday I hope to load some PX 125 into my new (to me)
toy, a Hasselblad 500 c/m with a couple of backs and three lenses.

Jim Couch