[OM] Re: Revenge

Subject: [OM] Re: Revenge
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 11:51:28 +0000
This guy, Prof. Robert Shaw, was head of his department at UT and was a full
professor. I'm still not sure what got him dismissed from the university, but
I'm fairly confident I was the one who got rid of him at WATE because of his
failure to check the wire services.

I also managaged to get one of our news directors fired, who had the
pretentious name of Arthur Berryman VanArsdale, but just called himself "Art
Van." He was an arrogant ass from Texas. One day he assigned me the job of
doing a piece about the virtual plethora of billboards along some of the
Knoxville Interstate highways, and I obliged. I spent half a day shooting film,
and some of it included a couple of Budweiser boards. I didn't realize at the
time that one of the station owners also was the the local Budweiser
distributor, and he was so pissed that he insisted that the news director be
fired, since he had the final responsibility for the newscast's content. No
regrets from anyone.

Thereafter, we didn't have a news director. The duties were divided between
myself and Anson Galyon, my best friend back then -- haven't seen him in years,
think he's maybe dead. Anson was in charge during the day; I was at night,
working from about 4:00 p.m. until 12:00 p.m. I came in in time to edit the
film for the 6 o'clock news because I was the fastest and best film cutter. :-]

Is this off topic? It at least refers to photography and film.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --