[OM] Re: Revenge

Subject: [OM] Re: Revenge
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 09:51:48 -0400
The high school that my daughter is going to attend in the fall has a
minimum grade of 50% on any assignment. It is a magnet school and the top
school in the county -- open by invitation only.

Needless to say, these kids all calculate their grades down to the decimal
point.  When they reach the point in the semester where all they need for an
A is 50% on their remaining assignments, many of them stop doing any work.
No homework, no tests, nothing.  They just take the 50.

Yeah, that's a good system.

Oddly, this is the only high school with this policy. The 'regular' high
schools allow zeroes.

Tom