[OM] Re: The demise of the still camera

Subject: [OM] Re: The demise of the still camera
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 10:41:54 -0500
On 5/6/07, Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.cameratown.com/news/news.cfm/hurl/id%7C3988
>
> The future of photography is video.

The future of camera manufacturing is to create machines that deliver
HD video.  I believe those cameras will still shoot one frame at a
time and that's going to be an option for photography so long as there
is light.

There's no question that I would use HD video to shoot sports.  I'm
already trying to do that when I shoot continous.  It's just a
difference of degree, not really so much a difference of kind.  Even
in film days, some sports photographers were doing the same thing with
their giant film packs.  It's all good.

Joel W.