[OM] Re: What's a P1?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's a P1?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 13:25:44 -0700
I agree. Also it does not have to be a choice between the IS/VR and
high shutter speed. As IS/VR is improved (and Canon claims 4 stops
improvement with its IS now) it is likely to exceed the improvements
due to smooth high ISO.

It  seems to me that the main advantage is for small cameras for
which do have the high ISO noise problem. It allows them to take some
very nice and sometimes intimate pictures with something you can slip
out of your pocket and use.

It is an argument Mike Johnston has made. He likes in-camera
stabilization because it is useful even at the wide end of the zoom.
He provides the nice little shot that shows that. Taken with light
from a pair of candles and 1/3 second. Useful if your subject is
cooperative in not moving.

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5406/570/1600/820081/
dougandsallybycandlelightsmall.jpg

Winsor