[OM] Re: OM-4 random light leak problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 random light leak problem
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:40:21 +1000
> Lukasz Grabun wrote:
> All right, here's another issue I have with my OM-4 - from
> time to time, in a random matter, the camera spoils few frames
> on a film roll....
>
> http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/104/llbp4.jpg (123kb JPG file)

I had a similar problem with my OM1. I suspected it was the
absence of a cap for the motor drive socket on the bottom(1)
and, when I mentioned it here, was gifted(2) a replacement by
my Mexican Santa Claus. I haven't really used the OM1 enough
since to be certain, but I haven't had the problem in the
few films shot since then.

So, does your camera have the cap?

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz
(1) John Hermanson, feel free to jump in and say "Not possible,
ya dropkick" ;-)
(2) Word used to piss off the usual suspects <g>