[OM] E-Series Shutter Release

Subject: [OM] E-Series Shutter Release
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Someone has managed to create a shutter release
mechanism for their E-500. Very interesting. Thought I
would pass this along. This requires dis-assembly of
the camera. There are photos which I can send to you
if you are interested.

Here it is:

"The process was quite simple, I now have a fully
functioning external shutter release.

I opened up the camera, ran four wires from the
shutter release button and
attached them to a connector that sat snuggly under
the card door. (I had to tape the latch
switch button thing down.)

The toggle switch mimics the shutter button in the
semi depressed state. The red
button trips the shutter -- it's nice and responsive.
I also added a port that can be used by other
devices such as intervalometers/radio controlled
things/animation motors and such.

All in all, a job well done.

Next job is adding a hard drive interface."

http://mail.yahoo.com