[OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 07:53:01 -0700 (PDT)

> I am really finding it difficult to get the OM's out
> these day and when
> I do I am so out of practice that I just don't see
> the same results and
> wonder if it is time to totally give up on film,
> given that I don't have
> too much spare time at the moment. I am sure I have
> enough OM stuff to
> sell to raise enough money for either option above.

I am with you on this. After finishing a roll and
getting only a couple of acceptable photos (in my
case) isnt worth it.

I hate to say this but my thought is to go with
another manufacturer. There are other bodies besides
the 5D. If you want something rugged - consider the
D200. The important thing is that you have choices for
wide angle. C*non makes a 10-22, Sigma makes a 10-20
in both mounts, Tokina has the 12-24 in both mounts,
etc. The Sigma 10-20 for the price is an excellent
lens ($500 retail).

http://mail.yahoo.com