[OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 10:33:46 -0600
Ali Shah wrote:
> I am with you on this. After finishing a roll and
> getting only a couple of acceptable photos (in my
> case) isnt worth it.

  Whereas I've had the opposite experience; fired off a _lot_ of baby
photos with the E-bodies, and there's certainly some very nice shots in
there -- but the roll I shot of (cheap-ass Fuji 100) film still has that
definite film "look" to it.

  I also hadn't noticed how much I like the reduced DoF from
non-4/3-sized sensors until I got that roll of film back, either.

  Now, does this mean I'm abandoning the E's to shoot film all the time?
No -- not with the number of shots I'm taking these days. But it does
mean that I'm certainly keeping the film kit around..

  -- dan