[OM] [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)

Subject: [OM] [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)
From: Curt & Sally Hedman <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 22:23:29 -0500
So I finally became aware that the imager in a FourThirds spec DSLR
is pretty close to that of a frame of 110 film (OK, I can be a bit
slow at times!); why then isn't there a FourThirds DSLR about the
size of my venerable Pentax Auto 110? OK, OK, the Auto 110 isn't
auto-focusing, and there is some trickiness with the shutter-in-body
doing aperture control, and the lenses aren't telecentric, but
wouldn't it be cool to have a DSLR system that size? And I suppose
the FourThirds guys would just die if we started referring to the
sensor as a "110-size", ala the term "APS-C size"...

By the way, I've gone a bit over to the dark side - bought a Pentax
K10D kit plus Battery Grip; agonized a bit over waiting for an E510,
but having a legacy collection of Pentax glass from my pre-Olympus
era, and the current rebate offers pushed me over the edge. Expect to
continue using my OM-4T/-2SPs for film work, and for cases where a
really wide angle lens is called for. So far I'm happy with the K10D,
though it is a bit of a handful with the grip attached...