[OM] Re: [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:02:48 +1000
Or an adapter to use the tiny lenses for that system perhaps?
Why isn't there a real compact with interchangeable lenses for that
matter?
Because what we have now is basically digital versions of traditional
cameras.
Anything really innovative doesn't sell - people want what they are
used to, with a sensor in it.
Change comes but oh so slowly because we're so conservative in our
tastes.
Hence the success of Canon with a digital EOS 1 and Rebel and Nikon
with the same sort of thing.
And the struggles Oly had with selling the 300 series. How many
reviews did I read of the 330 where the reviewer just could cope with
the basic idea of the camera. Look how many people here keep
hankering for an OM type camera with a chip in it. Whether its a good
idea or not. The 410 and 510 have a chance because they look just
like the rest with a couple of neat features but it's probably too late.

Of course they could make a Pentax 110 digital - but they won't and
you probably wouldn't buy it if 'they' did.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx