[OM] Re: Running internal debate... should I sell?

Subject: [OM] Re: Running internal debate... should I sell?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 07:24:13 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Braun wrote:
> Since I got hte E-1, I really haven't touched the film bodies.

Sickening, ain't it?

> Will I come across a situation where I will need film, or won't I?
> I ever shoot film again? These are the things I'm struggling with.

I'd recommend keeping the OM-4Ti.  I've gone back to shooting some
film again and it's actually pretty refreshing.  B&W images taken
with film look sooo much better and the new Kodak Portra films scan
extremely well.

Best of all, take that OM body, slap a 35/2.8 or 24/2.8 on it and go
for a walk.  You'll be amazed at how light and compact the camera is.
 Oh, and quiet.  There is a tactile advantage to the OMs which no
digital of any type come close to.  Also, if you do any
time-exposures, film still holds an advantage there too.

> Those of you in the same situation, what are your thought
> processes?  I do this primarily as a hobby, very rarely do I get
> hired to shoot something.

As a hobby, you can do whatever you want.  Use what is comfortable to
you and gives you the most satisfaction.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com