[OM] Re: Running internal debate... should I sell?

Subject: [OM] Re: Running internal debate... should I sell?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:02:16 -0700 (PDT)
Winsor wrote:
> It may be good for an extended trip away from power like a two week
> backpacking trip since it is light and battery life is not an
> issue.

This is actually something that I've seriously been considering
again.  The first time I went to Isle Royale, it was "film only".  I
hauled three cameras and a boat-load of lenses.  The second time, I
hauled three cameras, one of which was much bigger and heavier, a
boat-load of lenses, power-supplies, batteries and a laptop computer.

With digital, there is a lot more "infrastructure" requirement and
planning required.  Gone are the days of just focusing on the
shooting.

Honestly, the complexity of shooting digital for multiple days away
from power really is an issue.  The last trip to Isle Royale involved
charging up batteries in the laundry room behind the dryer.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com