[OM] Re: Running internal debate... should I sell?

Subject: [OM] Re: Running internal debate... should I sell?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:48:09 -0700 (PDT)
>   Agreed, though backup BLM-1s (or whatever) don't cost all that
> much if you really can't find a place to charge for a while.

I had five batteries for two cameras.  Between the four of us we had
enough battery power to light up Niagara Falls for a few seconds.
But even at that, we were scrambling to charge batteries.

What makes it so different is a film camera, such as an OM-4Ti or
OM-2S, uses batteries only to check exposure and during the exposure
itself.  A 15-minute shot setup may only take a few seconds of
battery power in an OM, but will take many minutes worth of power in
a digital camera.  Sure, you can turn off/on the camera all the time,
but a digital camera doesn't lend itself to "contemplative"
photography quite as nicely as film cameras do.  I feel the need to
hurry up and get the shot with digital.

The typical DSLR gets 2-3 hours of continous runtime on a battery
regardless of the number of pictures taken during that time.  I hate
watching the clock

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com