[OM] Re: [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:32:07 +1000
I was going to have a chat with my mate the camera salesperson about
this yesterday but he was on vacation so I just contented myself with
a trawl through the trash buckets. Anyone want a Topcon 35mm with a
non working aperture diaphragm? :)
The E1 was made as a pro cam and that means big. Then there's the
market for the prosumer which means 'smaller but you can add a
booster to make it look big.' That's a bigger market than you might
think.
Real estate agents I've seen tend to be pretty crap photographers.
Even when they hire a pro, they don't get a good one.
I battered my head against a wall reading E300 and especially E330
reviews because I really liked the concept but so many writers simply
couldn't cope with the idea of something innovative. You could feel
them trying to be interested but not quite clearing the first hurdle
(it looks like a brick). When the E500 came out my poor little heart
sank because there it sat on the shelf, looking just like all the
rest. Sigh. I suppose that was Oly learning a lesson just a bit too
late again.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx