[OM] Re: [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Why no FourThirds DSLR the size of a Pentax Auto110? ;-)
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:48:05 -0500
While on the subject, the whole pro camera thing is also a measure of the
shooter. Some people are just plain hard on cameras, others aren't. I know
an architectural photographer that has sold off his film gear, and after
years of use, they look as if they had never been used. I've shot
hasselblads for over 30 years, and I've had one lock up exactly one time. If
you read the internet postings, it's a daily occurance.

I dont' know about UPI, but the Geographic photographers I've met (and the
local repairman I use has at least two as clients) are notably kind on
equipment. My friend that is a Canon endorser and has been the subject of
several of their national ads, was VERY hard on equipment. Oddly, the free
gear he treats better.

Bill Pearce