[OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 07:01:32 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck wrote:
> This could be an attractive alternative to the Tokina 20-35 given
> that it goes down to 17mm and also uses 77mm filters.  It also
> doesn't hurt that it's $50 cheaper than the Tokina.

Personally, I'd stick with just the one brand of lens.  There are
coloring and bokeh nuances that favor a single lens family.  Also,
other things like focus-ring direction and zoom-ring locations.

It's been a long time since I looked at the Tokina, so I'm not
totally sure that it was the 20-35, but I believe it was.  The view
through the finder was mind-boggling.  The image was 3D in appearance
and I felt like I could step right into it.  It was a sensation I've
never experienced before or since in a camera. The image "snapped"
when it went into focus.

I'll admit, I am partial to Tokina over Tamron.  To me, the Tamrons
(except for the 300/2.8) feel plasticy and the focus rings aren't in
the right position.  But that's just me and my A.R. ways.

AG

 a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.