[OM] Re: Point and shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Point and shoot
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 21:19:14 +1000
One of the things that interested me about the F10 is it's possible
use as a school camera. Once upon a time, students could learn on
something simple like an Oly Trip or something else pretty basic and
then graduate to a K1000 where they really had to work at it. Either
way, you could buy a few and it didn't break the (rather small) bank.
Now, to get something with a few manual controls it costs a lot. So I
try to find 'run out' or New Old Stock of decent robust cameras that
can be had for a couple hundred dollars. A F11 would be perfect, if I
could find any at all.
Last time I had an Oly Trip 35, I wrecked it to build a 40mm
brightline viewfinder (works nicely too).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx