[OM] Re: Does anyone know the write speed for E-xxx cameras ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Does anyone know the write speed for E-xxx cameras ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:54:14 -0400
When dpreview does a full camera review they always give image write
performance using various cards.  Write performance is generally
constrained by the camera but the E-330 seems pretty quick.  The test
results at <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse330/page11.asp> show
that the E-330 can make good use of a SanDisk Extreme III or a Lexar
133X.  Both perform much better than a SanDisk Ultra II.  On a Canyon
5D, however, the the Extreme III will beat an Ultra II but only by about
5%.  Whether the E-330 can make use of the extra performance of the
(hyped) 266X card would be difficult to say.  I suspect that you'll find
that the 266X is marginally faster and you'll have to evaluate the price
difference and take the rest on faith.  I just bought an 8GB Lexar 133X
since Adorama had a whopping $70 rebate on it which brought the price
down from $120 to $50.  My last CF card purchase was a 2GB Ultra II for
$40 which I was happy to pay at the time.

Chuck Norcutt