[OM] Re: E410 test shots ISO 1600

Subject: [OM] Re: E410 test shots ISO 1600
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:49:23 -0400
It's very difficult to believe ISO 1600 is as clean as it looks in
these shots. I hope some of our uber-tech gearheads can explain to me
why what appears to be so clean actually isn't. Yeah, I zoomed and
looked at the grill cover, and 1600 shows a good bit more noise than
100, but my guess still is that if I bought one of these camera and
printed up an 11x14 shot at ISO 1600 I'd be more than a little bit
disappointed.

Still, I've been wrong before. And if I'm wrong this time, the 510,
and the ever-promised E-Thing might be something to crow about.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bobwhitmire.com