[OM] T45 is a servicemans nightmare.

Subject: [OM] T45 is a servicemans nightmare.
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 01:15:50 +1000 (EST)
Just finished the worst bit of gear I've ever come across to fix
in years, a T45, to be specific, a T45 I bought a few years
ago and put in the to hard basket until now.

The main pivot had to be bend back in so that the head
stopped a floppin and the stopper would engage the head
to stopp it a turnin and find out why nothing happens.

To do that... ;and ....  then ..... those screws..... unsolder the leads
from the head to the base .....  then ..... 3 hours later finally got
the pivot section showing and ready to bend back flat.

Got to write to book to cover it all !

Also had to replace 2 of the DC-AC inverter transisters in
the base, glue the two neons to the plastic indicator windows
in the head which I noticed had dropped down, repair the PCB
with the slider switch on it. Heat weld the broken plastic at the
back to keep the head top to the bottom and ensure the calc
panel doesnt go a missin.

Now for the batterys..... (I used jumper leads to test it)

Give me a T32 any day to fix, love em now, come to think of it,
why am I doing this ? I dont take that many person photos
anymore, and I'm more than happy with the grip2 and T32.

Yep, Zuikoholism, just so it looks good and can site in the display
cabinet, because I always wanted one (that works), doesnt mean
I actually have to use it does it :-)

Well, thats another fine job thats only taken me 4-5 years to do !

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

Drop your carrier ... we have you surrounded!