[OM] Adaptall to Autofocus conversion

Subject: [OM] Adaptall to Autofocus conversion
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:06:45 -0700
Moose's recent reminder about the big Tamrons being available in C*non
autofocus gave me the wistful idea to write to Tamron USA to see if
they could convert their late model manual focus 300/2.8 into the
autofocus 300/2.8 that they sell.

The short reply:
"Unfortunately there is no EOS adaptall mount available for our lenses
and you cannot use that on a Canon DSLR."

I've asked again but didn't confuse the issue by pointing out that I
already have one of their EOS adaptall's and that I can also use any
of their lenses on a Canon EOS by leaving the OM adaptall on the lens
and my EOS to OM adapter on the camera.

Does anybody have any contact info for a Tamron department that might
be more helpful than custserv@xxxxxxxxxx ?

TIA,
-jeff